Policy of Truth
Our code of ethics could be summarized in one command: 'follow the policy of truth'. We seek truth and transparency in every relation we have, be it with our customers or with our partners and employees.
In order to try to be as fair as possible most of the time, we look forward to:
• being cautious when making promises, and keeping the promises we make.
• never plagiarizing any source.
• avoiding conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
• refusing gifts or favors, that can damage our credibility.
• treating each teacher and/or school as a separate entity, maintaining high standards of professional competence and integrity
• providing professional services to teachers and schools of english without discrimination on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, disability, gender, health status, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or relationship status.
• respecting the clients’ right to make decisions and help them to understand their consequences
• making financial arrangements with clients, third-party payers, collaborators and partners that are reasonably understandable and conform to accepted professional practices.
• keeping data provided by teachers and school confidential and secure, including personal ones (email addresses, telephone numbers, or the like).
• pursuing knowledge of new developments and maintain our competence in the development of elt-related services.
• ensuring knowledge of and adherence to applicable laws in the many areas and countries we sell services to.
• avoiding the creation conflicts of interest that may impair work performance.
• making sure our partners and collaborators are fairly treated and paid for, preserving their integrity as human beings.
• having happy and satisfied network of clients, partners, and employees.